Авторизация

John Axford pitched the ninth for his third save.

Все что касается работы сайта и форума Club Porsche Macan
Благодарил (а): 0 раз.

John Axford pitched the ninth for his third save.

Сообщение mary123 » 23 май 2018, 06:45

Cricket is a pretty musical sport - a bowler needs rhythm; the ball hums (sometimes) on its way to the batsman; the batsman beats his bat on the pitch while he waits, and if he connects well with the ball, the sound it produces is sweet music.So its perhaps not all that surprising that great musicians have been drawn to the game. Buddy Holly and the Crickets toured England in early 1958 and were introduced to their English namesake in the usual way such introductions are made: via a PR brainwave.Philip Norman writes in Buddy: The Definitive Biography of Buddy Holly:The only publicity arranged by the British Decca organization was a press reception at a Soho club, the Whisky A Go Go, where, in a small triumph of addle-brained PR, Americas Crickets were ceremonially confronted with two English Test cricketers, Denis Compton [fourth from left in the photo above] and Godfrey Evans [second]. The Crickets [Joe B. Mauldin, first; Holly third; and drummer Jerry Allison fifth from left] bafflement was as nothing compared to that of the cricketers; nonetheless Compton and Evans posed for photographers, showing Buddy how to hold a bat and take up guard at the wicket… If rock n roll left a questionable impression on Denis Compton and Godfrey Evans, cricket had made a lasting one on Buddy. During one of the tours London interludes, he asked a friendly journalist, Keith Goodwin, of the Melody Maker, to teach him more about the English ritual his groups name unintentionally suggested. March being still too early to find a live cricket match, Buddy had to be content to see a cinema newsreel report on the England cricket teams current winter tour of Australia.Holly, who died in a plane crash at the age of 22 in 1959, influenced a generation of rock n roll musicians. One of them was the Rolling Stones Mick Jagger, who watched Holly perform on this 1958 tour, and has been a lifelong cricket fan. Jagger himself was a pioneer in online cricket coverage - his media company, Jagged Networks, was broadcasting matches over the internet in the late 1990s, offering a live audio feed and video highlights, in partnership with Cricinfo.Theres musical talent within the game as well. Brett Lee, and many other cricketers (Graeme Swann, Curtly Ambrose, Mark Butcher, to name a few), have played in bands, though Lee remains the only international cricketer to sing a duet with legendary Indian playback singer Asha Bhosle. In his autobiography, Lee says he wrote the song, Youre the One for Me, in half an hour while Australia were in India for the 2006 Champions Trophy. I didnt tell any of my teammates what I was up to; when I went to shoot I told them I was going for a look through the streets, he wrote.Neville Cardus, who wrote on both cricket and music extensively, is flanked by former England captain Len Hutton (right) and violinist Yehudi Menuhin, who is also believed to have been a cricket fan.Need to get into the batting zone? Put on your favourite tunes.In the days before video games and Netflix, knowing how to play a musical instrument was a useful skill to have, especially on long tours. Above, England captain Rachael Heyhoe (left) and June Moorehouse play guitars and are backed on vocals by (left to right) Heather Dewdney, Jill Cruwys and Lesley Clifford, at Melbourne airport in January 1969.Before the Sprinkler dance, England celebrated an Ashes win by singing. Commentator Brian Johnston (first from left, sitting) composed a tune after Ray Illingworths England beat Australia away in 1970-71.Johnston recalled it in his book Another Slice of Johnners:After the Ashes victory we wrote a pretty awful song to a delightful old musical-hall tune. When we got back to England we recorded it at the Decca studios. Vic Lewis - the most enthusiastic of cricketers and collector of cricket-club ties - organised a wonderful accompanying orchestra drawn from all the top session musicians in London who were cricket supporters. The end product, called The Ashes Song, sounded smashing to us, though the public didnt think so. We hoped it would top the charts but in fact our total loyalties were £53.86. There was no point in dividing this up, so we decided to have a draw at the Test Trial in Hove in 1973. Who better to make the draw than the England captain? And whose name did he pull out of the hat? Yes, youve guessed it. Raymond Illingworth, none other.Cricket fans also make music. Billy Cooper, the Barmy Armys trumpeter, entertains spectators and Geoff Boycott during a Test in Wellington, 2013.Australian cricketers have their own musical ritual - the team song, Underneath the Southern Cross. In this photo David Boon leads the singing/chanting after Australia won the Ashes at Trent Bridge, 1989.Not so much team song as team bonding over a spot of music for the 1971 Indian tourists in Guyana.The pop group Bananarama form a slip cordon for an equality drive launched by Labour politician Frances Morell (batting), the leader of the Inner London Education Authority, at a school in Islington, 1985.British singer Captain Sensible, who founded the punk band The Damned, poses with a bat-guitar (for playing great hooks with, no doubt). Sensible guested on the cover of Cricket in the Jungle (a calypso by the Tradewinds) by English cricketer Adrian Wykes, who went by the name Percy Pavilion in music. And finally, heres Shaggy at an event during the 2009 Champions League T20, getting Lalit Modi to rock, presumably to his song It Wasnt Me. Vapormax Off White 2018 . -- Anaheim Ducks defenceman Luca Sbisa will be out at least six weeks with a torn tendon in his right hand. Nike Vandal High . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. http://www.chaussuredenikepascher.fr/nike-air-vapormax/nike-vapormax-plus.html . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. Vapormax Pas Cher Femme .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. Nike Presto Pas Cher Homme . -- Timbers coach Caleb Porter didnt stray from his business-like approach to the season even after Portland downed the two-time defending league champion Los Angeles Galaxy to gain crucial playoff position. SEATTLE -- During the final few weeks of the season, Sean Manaea provided the Oakland Athletics a glimpse of what they hope to see over a longer haul starting next season.Manaea continued his solid close to 2016 by throwing six innings and allowing two runs as Oakland finished the year with a 3-2 win over the Seattle Mariners on Sunday.Since coming off the disabled list in mid-September, Manaea allowed three runs in 24 innings, striking out 20 and allowing 15 hits.Its been a lot of fun, Manaea said. I kind of sometimes take things too seriously and am really hard on myself. Its really hard to get out of those ruts when things arent going well. When I sit back and have fun and just try to be loose and just go out there and do my thing, thats when I feel like Im at my best. Thats what these last three or four starts Ive had have all felt like. Im just happy how things turned out, happy how I ended the season.Manaea gave up five hits to the Mariners and capped a second-half of the season the As hope becomes the norm in 2017. He had a 2.67 ERA in 13 games after the All-Star break and allowed more than four earned runs only once during that stretch.The sky is the limit. There are certain guys you just say that about, but then there are certain guys that really, it is, Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. Whether its swings and misses, whether its the velocity on the fastball when he needs it, anytime change-up, slider is so much better. Hes got real weapons to get you out.Stephen Vogt hit his 14th home run in the first inning on the only pitch that he saw on the final day of the season. Vogt drove the first pitch he saw from Felix Hernandez just beyond the left-field wall to give the As an early lead. Vogt was lifted for a pinch-hitter in his next at-bat. Marcus Semien and Eric Pinder added RBI singles as Oakland made the three early runs stand up.I havent had many of those and thats something I really worked on this year -- going the other way and driving the ball that way a little bit more, Vogt said. To get an opposite-field home run in the last game, the last at-bat of the year, that was pretty cool.Seattle appeared drained after seeing its ppostseason hopes dashed in Saturdays extra-innings loss to the As.dddddddddddd Hernandez (11-8) was lifted after the third inning and Guillermo Heredias two-run double in the fifth amounted to all of Seattles offense and the only real threat against Manaea.Last night and the run that weve been on took a lot out of everybody physically and emotionally, Seattle manager Scott Servais said.Oakland finished at 69-93, a one-game improvement over a year ago but tied for the fifth-worst mark by winning percentage in franchise history. Matt Olson made a leaping catch at the wall in right field to grab Kyle Seagers line drive for the second out of the ninth and preserve the victory.John Axford pitched the ninth for his third save.The Mariners were in contention for the second wild card in the American League thanks to a 16-6 stretch. But hopes of playoff baseball returning to the Pacific Northwest for the first time in 15 years ended when Seattle lost 9-8 in 10 innings on Saturday.It was the second time in three years the Mariners went into the final weekend with a shot at the postseason only to fall just short.Seattle made a 10-game improvement from 2015 in Servais first year as a manager at any level of baseball.STREAK SNAPPEDOakland outfielder Jake Smolinski went into the offseason on a positive note after snapping a 0-for-20 skid with a single in the fifth inning. It was the longest hitless streak of his career. Smolinski finished with two hits on the day.(UN)FIT FOR A KINGHernandez closed out of the most inconsistent seasons of his career with a brief appearance. He was solid early in the season, but a strained calf muscle that landed him on the disabled list for nearly two months derailed his season. Hernandez finished with a 3.82 ERA, his highest since 2007 when he was 21 and in his second full season.Hernandez lost his final three decisions of the season.UP NEXTAthletics: Oakland opens the 2017 season on April 3 at home against the Los Angeles Angels.Mariners: Seattle opens the 2017 season on April 3 at Houston. Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Вернуться в Работа ресурса